MANAGER, QUALITY ENGINEERING (100% REMOTE)
Time: 6 days ago
Manager, Quality Engineering (100% Remote)
- Posted: May 11, 2023
LocationsShowing 1 location
Remote-Work From Home
Remote-Work From Home
We are America's Workforce Specialists. The largest light industrial staffing company in the United States and a preeminent resource for professional staffing. We offer local expertise and service through our nearly 600 branches and provide a full range of employment solutions to companies nationwide!
The Manager of Quality Engineering leads a dynamic group of engineers that plan and execute test cases, triage bugs, document acceptance criteria for stories, disseminate test results and other tasks that fall within the Quality domain. This role takes the lead in helping mentor fellow teammates on quality engineering best practices as established by the Quality Engineering Community of Practice at EmployBridge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads Testing Initiatives for medium to large software development projects.
- Manages a team consisting of manual and automation quality engineers
- Provides leadership and management oversight as follows:
- Enables team member continued professional development
- Ensures that hiring and training aligns with overall company and team strategy
- Provides mentoring and coaching as needed
- Active participation in test strategies, test planning and test execution following the SDLC methods to ensure that software, applications, and services meet the standards against defined functional and non-functional requirements from the Business.
- Ensures all test deliverables meet quality standards as established by the Quality Engineering Community of Practice.
- Maintains discretion with confidential/sensitive company, customer and colleague information
- Assists with all phases of testing as required
- Estimates the testing to be done and negotiates with management to acquire the necessary resources, tools, and ensures training of the testing team.
- Ensures proper configuration management of the testware produced and traceability of the tests to the test basis.
- Assists in coordination with other teams on projects that have downstream impacts or potentially cross into other workstreams and have potential business impacts
- Works with Test Team members to enhance their testing skills and build technical and business knowledge. Conducts Knowledge Sharing Sessions and Trainings and documents the same in a shared directory.
- Partners with Scrum Master in enabling Agile methodologies across the teams while providing process improvement guidelines.
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates testing activities.
- Creates and maintains JIRA dashboards that provide visibility to testing metrics.
- Works directly with and engages customers to understand business processing steps in order to develop application testing requirements
- With minimal assistance, uses analytical and problem-solving skills to understand extremely complex business and/or data problems and recommends actions for resolution.
- Provides input to post-mortem process that occurs after issues have surfaced as a result of work that has passed through the team and into the production environment
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of experience in an IT quality discipline, 2 of those leading or managing a team.
- 3 or more years working in an Agile environment. Familiar with DevOps and CICD process.
- Directly oversees the activities of those assigned to the development and maintenance of software-based systems in the supported areas
- Provide performance coaching and evaluation feedback to direct reports
- Comfortable assuming a variety of roles while being a specialist in a particular area
- Eagerness to work within a dynamic, client-focused, service-oriented environment
- Knowledge of industry business and passion for following trends in the industry
- Working Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), proficient in all aspects of QA methodologies and Defect Management Life Cycle (DMLC)
- Good practical knowledge of Jira, Confluence and MS Office tools
- Experience in the field of Manual, Mobile/Device, API Testing of Web Based and Client/Server applications.
- Detail-oriented; with ability to grasp, analyze and provide solutions
- Exposure to Selenium and a good understanding of functional test automation techniques.
- Expertise in bug tracking and test management tools, capable of generating customized reports using advanced filters.
- Advanced ability to perform upfront application and technology requirements gathering, design and functionality reviews. Demonstrated aptitude for logical thinking and the ability to see the larger picture.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills, team problem solving ability, analytical and programming skills in high speed, quality conscious, multitasking environment.
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision, team oriented as well as in an interactive team environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- A passion for technology and providing innovative ideas to help the company be a standout engineering organization in the staffing industry
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position in the US is $120,000 to $140,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
EmployBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EmployBridge offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Vision, prescription drug benefits, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, a wellness program, and incentive programs. We also offer a variety of career paths and encourage promotion from within.