QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD
Time: 7 days ago
Decentraland - Quality Assurance Lead
Quality Assurance Lead
Operations – Player Support & Moderation /
Decentraland is the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual world, built, governed, and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace, and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding, and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is it out at:
We are currently looking for a QA Lead to build and manage our new in-house QA team within the Decentraland Foundation. Responsibilities will include the line management of a small group of QA testers, and working alongside our product teams to ensure that our new releases and live offerings are bug free and provide our users with a fast and reliable experience.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about web3, crypto & blockchain, and technology in general.
In this role you will work with various internal teams, communicating across multiple locations throughout the world.
This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on our user experience, where you will make positive and meaningful contributions to our product offering. As a new internal function, you’ll also have the opportunity to build a team and define the future of QA at Decentraland.
· Oversee the QA team’s involvement in project delivery to ensure that quality is considered throughout the product delivery lifecycle
· Collaborate with our product teams to develop, document, and validate user stories
· Develop, document, and validate acceptance criteria and test cases
· Participate in playback sessions to refine requirements and provide input into test effort estimation
· Work with your team to implement, maintain, and execute automated test cases· Perform manual tests according to agreed test cases and conducting exploratory testing of developed solutions
· Document bugs detected during test execution, and working with developers and engineers to support the resolution of such bugs
· Test bug fixes and changes developed by the wider Integration development team against documented requirements
· Maintain reusable, modular test plans· Implement improvements to existing regression and non-functional test suites
· Direct and mentor your team in completing their assigned activities, including assisting in the investigation of ad-hoc issues and requests, managing requests, ensuring work quality, and developing technical and soft skills
· Previous experience as a QA Lead or Analyst, preferably in gaming and/or blockchain
· Experience managing a small team on a day-to-day basis
· Can demonstrate good knowledge of creating and managing QA processes
· Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organization
· Good communicator, positive, pro-active attitude, and can work under pressure
· An interest in web3, blockchain, and game/product development is vital for this role
· Good command of English, both written and verbal· Existing knowledge and/or existing participation in Decentraland would be an advantage
· Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
· 29 annual PTOs.
· Long term incentive of tokens, vested across a 4-year period.
· Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
· Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, monitor and chair.