Time: 1 week ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
job requisition id
Join us for an exciting career with the leading provider of supplemental benefits!
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in pricing and reserving of commercial and government dental and vision products.
- Gain a thorough understanding of all assignments.
- Become an expert in the technical aspects of all assignments.
- Identify areas of improvement regarding procedural and/or technical aspects of projects, where possible.
- Address such recommendations to your supervisor.
- Complete assignments on time and according to specifications provided by your supervisor.
- Strive towards completion of such assignments as independently as possible, recognizing situations where managerial guidance is needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work from home in a remote environment.
- Utilizes internal and external data sources to better understand industry trends, clients, competitors, and the regulatory environment.
- Sets realistic goals, understands how progress will be measured, and follows through dependably and consistently.
- Understands the priorities that drive deadlines; measures progress to deliver quality results on schedule.
- Encourages creative thinking and thoughtful risk taking to challenge traditional ways of doing things; anticipates barriers and identifies ways to overcome them.
- Follows through on commitments; holds self-accountable for taking the necessary initiative to deliver high-quality and timely results.
- Takes full responsibility for the results of own actions and decisions; takes initiative to ensure that problems do not fall between the cracks.
- Actively seeks and takes on additional challenges to grow and develop professionally.
- Travel up to 10% is required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Four + Actuarial Exams required.
- Three + years of Actuarial experience required.
- Advanced Excel required, programming knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Compensation commensurate with number of exams passed.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Avēsis, We See You. We celebrate differences and are building a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants and does not discriminate against any person based on ancestry, age, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. At Avēsis, we believe that, to operate at the peak of excellence, our workforce needs to represent a rich mixture of diverse people, all focused on providing a world-class experience for our clients. We focus on recruiting, training and retaining those individuals that share similar goals. Come Dare to be Different at Avēsis, where We See You!