TEAM DELIVERY MANAGER
Live Nation Entertainment
Time: 7 days ago
Team Delivery Manager
Work From Home - New York
Quebec City, QC
job requisition id
JOB DESCRIPTION – Team Delivery Manager
Location: US Flexible
Line Manager: PMO Manager
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We’re not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we’re enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you will find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love.
We are also engineers at heart and are passionate about using cutting-edge technology alongside proven, venerable workhorses to unlock capabilities for other teams and, ultimately, unforgettable moments of joy for fans!
If you’re passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want you on our team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Delivery Manager who can apply the principles of professional project management to develop our products, tools and service offerings within our complex global organization.
You will have experience of guiding, coaching and driving teams to deliver outcomes in a mixed methodology environment, providing a consistent, reliable service to sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues and the Global PMO Team. In this role you coordinate activities within a tech team or multiple tech teams, organizing and standardizing the team’s delivery around a set of agreed metrics. You will also deliver and manage unique projects and programs by coordinating the activities of a project/program team to deliver specifics outcomes. You will support the team’s agile practice by facilitating agile ceremonies and coaching team members on best practices. You will ensure visibility to strategic work by reporting needed information via global PMO tools and processes.
You will understand the importance of setting objectives and agreeing a set of key results to demonstrate the success of outcomes and initiatives. Crucially, you will be a great communicator – you’ll be able to communicate through metrics, showcases and presentations and tailor messages appropriately for the target audience whether discussing project health with the executive team or presenting at a conference.
The person in this role will have the ability and gravitas to lead, inspire and motivate teams. At Ticketmaster we understand that it is our people and our teams who make us great. You will be a team player who works closely with peers to agree effective strategies for delivering business outcomes. You will ensure team structures support delivery and you will help teams deliver rapidly and safely.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
- HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Promote lean principles within an agile environment to optimize team performance and improve delivery efficiency
- Support and coach technology teams on agile methodologies and best practices
- Collect and analyze key delivery metrics to inform areas of improvement and track progress against delivery commitments
- Facilitate agile ceremonies like daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Organize and standardize delivery of work for one or more tech teams
- Report status and ensure visibility across all work produced by technology team/teams
- Manage and deliver unique projects and coordinate activities within the project team
- Manage and deliver programs by coordinating activities, dependencies and delivery across multiple, related projects that span technology and operational teams and areas
- Proven experience within the fields of Project and Program Management, and agile frameworks
- Provide input on quarterly prioritization
- Analyze and provide regular status reports that are objective and reflect the true state of progress
- Ensure that projects/programs are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools
- Collaborate with teams to identify, log, track and resolve principles of professional project management such as Risk, Issue, Dependency, Decision and Change Management, Resource and Capacity Management and leverage these to improve control and visibility
- Coordinate activities to promote work flow and manage escalations either within the team or to sponsors and executives when needing steer
- Mange the complete lifecycle and facilitate the team to transition from phase to phase
- You will be passionate about continuous improvement and the benefits that formal improvement techniques can bring to the organization
- Champion, maintain and improve PMO best practices to ensure the company and new members of the team are aware of and understand the value in these processes and principles
- Travel to other Ticketmaster offices when needed to support teams, maintain relationships and co-ordinate launch activities
- Provide advice and guidance to new or junior members of the team and provide support to colleagues and managers alike
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Fluent in English with an approach that inspires confidence through verbal, written and presentation skills and delivers clear and concise information tailored for different stakeholders and situations
- Able to build rapport quickly to establish trust, respect and confidence that builds excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and external vendors, to ensure objectives are understood, expectations set and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project or program lifecycle
- Excellent facilitation skills to conduct meetings and workshops that encourage attendees to participate and collaborate effectively and efficiently ranging from small ideation sessions, to internal conferences, to formal steering groups
- Facilitate planning with teams to generate and develop plans and roadmaps that provide clarity for the team and sponsors, drawing on a variety of estimation techniques and planning tools
- Ensure the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and guidelines are understood and adhered too
- An excellent understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, with the knowledge and experience to critically analyze current best practices for suitability within Ticketmaster
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, as well as other forecast and estimation tools and technics
- Qualified in a recognized Project Management methodology (Prince II, PMI, etc.)
- Extremely competent in using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
- Excellent leadership skills to lead, inspire and motivate cross-functional distributed teams in various international offices
- Able to present with confidence and excel at standing up in front of a room to lead workshops or structured training sessions
- Able to negotiate and understand the value of listening and the power of empathy
- Engender cohesion and trust within the team by focusing on the collective goal, exploring all points of view and support the team in decision making
- Pragmatic in approach and delivery focused where the delivery of value and practical lean processes to the business is the predominant driver
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage expectations
- A self-starter and creative problem-solver with the ability to quickly understand complexities of technology within a business context and who facilitates the team to deliver the best solution against the constraints of time, cost and quality
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.