Time: 1 week ago
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
This role is a great opportunity to play a meaningful role and develop strategic initiatives at a high growth, mission-driven company. As an early hire on the Strategic Finance team, you will be in a unique position to help scale our strategic analysis, forecasting, and reporting capabilities while working cross-functionally to turn key insights into impact. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, keen attention to detail, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Real estate and/or proptech experience is highly encouraged.
What You'll Do:
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to unit economics, margin levers, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Partner cross-functionally to drive strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Work closely with accounting and data science teams to scale the foundational analytical tools that enable leadership to analyze business results, key performance indicators, and data trends
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and improve processes to prepare Homebound for the next stages of growth
- Represent Team Finance as a fiercely collaborative, proactive and intellectual team members who put Homebound first
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
What You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years of experience in operational finance, investment banking, private equity or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth proptech startups or homebuilders
- Real estate and/or proptech experience / industry knowledge highly encouraged
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation methods, and key metrics used in the real estate or marketplace industries
- Agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Knowledge of Looker and/or Host Analytics (or comparable modeling applications) a plus
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or a similar major
- We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
- Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.