TAX STAFF - EXPERIENCED
Location: Dallas Texas
Time: 2 weeks ago
Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full Time
Primary Location: Dallas, TX
At Moss Adams, we champion authenticity. For us, that means fostering a culture of talented people who care—about you, about our clients, and about our communities. Here, you’ll work towards our mission of empowering others to embrace opportunity, growing as a leader along the way. Our firm’s size, middle-market clients, customized career paths, and supportive culture make this a reality. Join a values-driven firm where you’ll have fun while solving complex and interesting business challenges.
Introduction to the team
Tax Services’ teams deliver quality tax solutions to public and privately owned middle-market companies, not-for-profit organizations and high net worth individuals.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Prepare tax returns, including supporting work papers for various types of returns such as individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, non-profits, etc.
- Research and consult on various tax projects
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Prepare extensions and quarterly estimates
- Assist on special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; Master of Tax preferred
- Master of Tax or JD/LLM preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA or licensed attorney preferred. If not a CPA or licensed attorney, must meet educational requirements to obtain CPA or attorney license in state of employment upon hire
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire. Moss Adams will not consider candidates for this position who require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g.,H-1B status).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Ability to take direction, and exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays (travel expectations vary by department and office location; talk to your local recruiter regarding specifics)
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Here, you’ll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That’s why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moss Adams complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
California, Colorado, NYC, and Washington require employers to disclose the pay range in job postings. This is the typical range of pay for the position; however, actual pay may vary based on experience, skillset, and location. This position may be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. For more information about our benefit offerings and other total rewards, visit our page.