ASPICE QUALITY ENGINEER - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS JOB
Location: Lewisville Texas
Time: 2 weeks ago
ASPICE Quality Engineer - Embedded Systems Job
Date: May 16, 2023
Location: Lewisville, TX, US, 75067
PACCAR Embedded Engineering Organization has an immediate opening for an ASPICE Quality Engineer - Embedded Systems to join our team in Lewisville, TX.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture, and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Embedded Engineering
PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization that is transforming the way control systems and software are developed for commercial vehicle applications. This includes developing the latest vehicle controls, display technology, and autonomous truck solutions that exceed customer expectations. You will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team focused on driving superior technical solutions that maximize customer uptime and operating efficiency. Successful applicants will demonstrate individual creativity in addressing challenges and opportunities while working within a supportive team to develop industry-leading solutions for the medium- and heavy-duty truck industry.
PACCAR’s Embedded Engineering department, which serves both Kenworth and Peterbilt, has an opening for an ASPICE Quality Engineer - Embedded Systems. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing Software Quality team! Be a trailblazer and help establish new processes that will bring our Embedded Engineering team to the next level of productivity and compliance. This is a great opportunity to work across multiple teams and be seen as a highly valuable team member as we take on broad but rewarding challenges!
- Moderate document review processes and ensure issues are followed up as appropriate
- Perform process audits to ensure compliance with V-Cycle corporate processes, department procedures, and Automotive SPICE
- Create documentation and commentary for audits, updates, and department responsibility tracking
- Maintain reports and dashboards as needed
- Provide weekly data reports of Quality data (non-conformances, corrective actions) to management and Quality personnel
- Develop strong relationships with the product development teams to facilitate communication and feedback
- Assist with product development workflow redesign and processes as necessary
- Maintain knowledge of all stakeholders involved in product development with regard to their role, function, and workflow to facilitate effective audits
- Travel up to 10%, including internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering, or Computer Science required
- Knowledge of quality principles including root cause analysis, corrective actions, non-conformances (defects), and continuous improvement
- Experience with investigations or quality auditing
- Prior experience with analytic tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Analytics, or similar BI software experience
- Ability to define, produce, and maintain audit reports
- Ability to work independently and in teams with excellent problem-solving, communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, with the ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, prioritize workload, adapt to changing priorities, and adhere to deadlines
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally in a results-orientated environment
- Familiar with software requirements specifications and a working knowledge of requirements management toolsets such as Rational Doors Next Generation
- Knowledge of heavy-duty commercial truck systems and regulations
- Knowledge of SPICE, Automotive SPICE, and V-Cycle processes
Why work for PACCAR?
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services include wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Embedded, Quality Engineer, Systems Engineer, Product Development, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Research