Location: Bellevue Washington
Time: 2 weeks ago
Structural Designer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Bellevue, WA, US Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 167794
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Drafting & Design
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an opening for an up and coming Structural Designer in our growing Design Engineering Services Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, in a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is to be based out of our Newly opened Bellevue, WA offices.
- Work with our engineering teams to develop preliminary and final design plans and details
- Detailing of structural elements, including concrete reinforcement and steel connections
- Use AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil 3D, and Revit software to produce designs for estimate and construction documents
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Follow DOT Standards and work with the company’s CAD and quality standards
- 2+ years of experience in computer-aided design, modeling or drafting field
- An associate degree in computer aided design, 3D modeling, drafting or similar program preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation (2D & 3D)
- Experience with Civil 3D, OpenRoads/OpenBridge, Revit or Tekla is an advantage
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil/structural work
- Ability to read and understand civil/structural contract drawings
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Design or construction experience is an advantage
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $67,940 - $90,089
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
There’s no limit to what you’ll do at Kiewit. Whether you’re building or supporting projects that provide communities with dependable energy, safe transportation, clean water, or access to health care, the work you do will positively impact people’s lives for generations to come.
Here you’ll have endless opportunities to expand your expertise through on-the-job experience and internal and external training and development opportunities.
We offer our full-time staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry. From top-tier health care programs to employee assistance programs and retirement planning, we aim to provide you with the tools you need to be successful in the areas of life that matter most to you.
Kiewit is an equal-opportunity employer, and we believe a diverse workforce is vital to the success of our business. We continue our efforts to attract, develop and retain employees from all backgrounds who are passionate about our industry.
We are committed to veteran and military hiring and will consider relevant military experience as equivalent to qualification requirements.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: CAD, Drafting, Construction, Design Engineer, Engineer, Engineering