GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER, PLASTICS
Location: Fremont California
Time: 2 weeks ago
Global Supply Manager, PlasticsJob CategorySupply ChainLocationFremont, CaliforniaReq. ID195322Job TypeFull-time
Tesla participates in the
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager to support our development teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of Direct Supply Chain components and parts. These could include specific parts related to one of our four automobiles (Model S, Model X Model 3¸ and/or Model Y), Tesla Energy, Batteries and/or any other components intrinsic to the successful running of the organization. This role will report to our Supply Chain Group Manager and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our various Engineering groups within Tesla.
- Owner of RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented. Ensures Non-Disclosure Agreements, General Terms & Conditions, Piece Price Agreements, and other related contracts are negotiated and appropriately before business is initiated
- Drive piece price and tooling negotiation process to ensure that Tesla’s commodity pricing met Best-In-Class expectations, while meeting Supplier Industrialization standards of Best-In-Class quality, in addition to driving continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad-hoc price negotiations
- Address all areas of category management including category business plans, market conditions, technology roadmaps, cost modeling, and sourcing strategies
- Monitor global industry trends, track technology roadmaps, and actively partner with the Design teams to identify/mitigate supply and demand challenges
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution, supplier scorecards, and periodic business reviews
- Participate in design reviews, change control meetings, Design for Manufacturability reviews with Engineering partners and prospective suppliers, and drive decisions from a cost perspective
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications as well as basic knowledge of manufacturing process controls and quality assurance for their commodity space
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage project timelines including developing and maintaining action trackers, Gantt charts, and other program management tools related to on-time delivery of supplier parts against Program timing
- Communicate key supply, cost, and/or quality issues with management teams. Develop corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams and influence timely decisions with key stakeholders to support our mission
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s degree in related areas, a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain management, or commodity management associated to metal stamping
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical engineering concepts related to the commodity and ability to generate bottom-up should costs based on the understanding of manufacturing process
- Technical & commercial understanding of tooling and manufacturing processes on metal forming
- Experience with mechanical engineering concepts related to the commodity and ability to generate bottom-up should costs based on the understanding of manufacturing process
- Proficient knowledge of technical requirements & design of the product and be able to influence cross functional partners with detailed analysis that supports optimized pricing and product sourcing decisions
- Excellent negotiator
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Analytical with ability to build out Should-Cost models and cost forecasts
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans >; 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$72,000 - $264,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site (free step by step ). Please contact for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our