ANALYST SR, FINANCIAL
Location: RemoteUnited states
Time: 2 weeks ago
Analyst Sr, Financial
GCI's Analyst Sr, Financial will provide accurate financial information and support corporate and departmental decision making by performing financial analyses and offering recommendations based on interpretation of analyses. Maintains financial records and adheres to controls and procedures for the financial stewardship and proper utilization of Company assets in compliance with Company policy and reporting requirements.
- Provide financial analysis of Group revenues, expenses, and costs of goods sold. Maintain oversight on operating costs. Develop and coordinate Business Cases. Develop, track, and report on group, Customer Budgets Sub-Contract invoice approval and payment. Provide input and data as requested by corporate level entities.
- Develop EBITDA performance tracking updates for management. Develop rolling eight quarter forecasts of EBITDA and capital requirements. Monitor, track, and report on Labor and material expenditures. Comparison of business plan expectations to actual results. Create and maintain capital and operating budgets, forecasts, and variance analyses. Research all variances.
- Answer internal and external audit questions. Maintain and administer processes/tools for financial and operational aspects of budget analysis, documentation and reporting. Accurate and timely preparation of journal entries ranging from simple to complex with appropriate backup documentation to include creation and maintenance of supporting spreadsheets. Accurate, detailed, and timely analytical review of financial results fluctuations as needed.
- Overall financial analysis including revenues, cost of goods sold, operating costs, capital, subscribers, and key metrics for products and services. Publish monthly departmental reports as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to prepare and review financial analyses and documents, maintaining consistent analysis methodologies, finding, and resolving errors in imported data and minimizing forecasting and analysis errors.
- Ability to efficiently develop financial computer models.
- Ability to move easily between detail and conceptual levels.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision within varying and changing priorities and timelines.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of accounting procedures and solid understanding of accrual accounting based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Dependable with commitment to meeting deadlines. Willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines. Additional hours may include working additional time on weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or before work hours.
- Computer knowledge: proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software; proficiency in Microsoft Word or equivalent word processing software; knowledge of Oracle or equivalent accounting system, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project are desired.
- Communication skills: Demonstrated ability to: listen effectively to obtain technical information; verbally communicate (telephone, one-on-one and group presentations) technical requirements, costs, time scheduling information; respectfully demand personnel time and information necessary to meet deadlines; and prepare accurate and decipherable written reports and recommendations; must be able to communicate with personnel at all levels of the company.
- Interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to work well with others under stressful, time restricted conditions, displaying patience and tolerance and promoting teamwork.
Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute toward education requirement. Preferred certifications: CPA, CFA, or MBA
Job Level: Analyst Sr, Financial
Additional Job Requirements: This is an advanced role and works under minimal supervision and works on complex projects and assignments.
- Provide analysis of new market opportunities, potential deal and competitive analysis.
- Provide support for investor presentations, financing efforts and risk management Provide analysis support for Department initiatives to include debt restructuring, raising capital and maintaining and developing investor relations in addition to special project work as assigned.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently develop financial models.
- Strong time and material expertise on forecasting by projects and actives.
- Historical telecom or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in financial analysis, accounting or finance required; experience in the telecommunications industry highly preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, or closely related field required.
- In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job on a year for year basis.
Finance & Administration: GCI B (Martin Cary)
**Financial modeling experience is required, and experience can count as one additional year for every two years of experience in Financial Modeling.
Focus of position:
Develop financial models and assist in strategic initiatives and critical decisions. Develop and update valuation models and perform cash flow, transaction analysis for public company comparable. Collaborate with valuation consultants and prepare annual valuation of Company's stock and perform audit.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Excel Skills: skills are expected to be outstanding with exemplary proficiency in using pre-defined formulas, creating charts, building macros etc.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting Concepts.
- Problem-Solving Ability: solve problems by creating financial models. Must have the ability to build a robust model, ensuring that solving the problem at hand doesn’t lead to another problem.
- Time Management: an effective financial model must be completed within the stipulated time frame.
- Ability to Build a Model that is Easy to Understand.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare Executive and Board level presentation materials.
- Build financial models in excel based on historical information and other available industry-specific operating metrics.
- Conduct scenario analysis based on microeconomic and macroeconomic factors to access business risk.
- Evaluate companies using various financial valuation methods.
- Ensure the accuracy of the new models while enhancing the quality of the existing models.
- Recommend and implement process improvement measures.
- Identify key financial as well as non-financial risks and advise mitigants for those risks.
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis with the intent to support investment activities.
- Update the financial models after each earnings roll out or other similar corporate actions.
- Analyze and identify data required to support model tracking.
Requirements at all Levels:
Physical Requirements: Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working Conditions: The work area must be quiet and free of distractions. Lighting must be adequate and without glare. Distracting noises should be kept to a minimum. The employee’s desk must be adequate, designed to safely accommodate the equipment the employee must use, e.g., computer, printer, keyboard, monitor etc. The employee must have reliable connectivity to the internet to access GCI via VPN. Employee workstation must comply with GCI’s ergonomics standards.The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the core business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Headquartered in Alaska with additional locations throughout the U.S., GCI has worked for more than 40 years to deliver communication and technology services to some of the most remote communities and in some of the most challenging conditions in North America. GCI is a pioneer in its field, bringing telemedicine and online education capabilities to communities across the state and continuing efforts to connect the Arctic globally as well as providing strong services to consumer and business markets. GCI’s introduction of 1 GIG internet speeds in the state as well as its innovative partnership with Apple are among the countless ways the company has transformed communication and quality of life for Alaskans.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
- Job Identification 21001889
- Job Category Analyst
- Posting Date 05/12/2023, 05:54 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations 1001 Northway Drive, Anchorage, AK, 99508, US
- Remote Eligible
- Minimum Salary $82,268.00
- Maximum Salary $137,115.00
- Direct Reports 0
- Span of control 0