SENIOR UX DESIGNER
Time: 2 weeks ago
Valence - Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Valence is the only learning and development digital platform for managers opening up a dialogue to enhance team health and effectiveness in real time. Our mission is to help the world work better, together.
Our clients are typically Fortune 500s like The Coca-Cola Company, Nestle, ExxonMobil, Wells Fargo, The Vanguard Group and more.
Being at Valence means working hard and striving for high performance - while leveraging tailored professional growth through feedback-oriented leaders. Valencers have freedom to independently solve relevant, complex and uncharted business problems no matter the role. They do this through natural curiosity, resilience and strong desire to see our company succeed. All of this is completed with genuine care and concern for their colleagues.
Joining a Series A startup is not easy, but at Valence you will contribute, learn and grow more than ever before alongside smart, bar-raising professionals. You will do career defining work at Valence.
Learn more about our journey in and as seen in on the future of leadership development (as "SHIFT"). Learn more about our VC, , here.
Sitting on the Product team and reporting directly to our VP Product, you'll partner with our product managers and engineering teams to build engaging experiences that our users love. You’ll use human-centered design methods to understand our customer needs through user research and analysis, build mockups and prototypes to learn quickly, and champion world-class, consumer-grade experiences across the Valence suite of tools.
Why This Role Matters
We have a chance to help hundreds of thousands of teams and managers work better together. We are on a pathway to be a category-defining suite of tools, changing how some of the world’s leading organizations approach learning and development. We are poised for significant improvements to our user experience in 2023, and this role will be at the forefront of strategizing, advocating for and leading this transformation.
Location and more
This is a 90%+ remote role (work from home), and we’re open to any location overlapping North American time zones (specifically PT, MT, ET), including anywhere in the United States and Canada. We have a quarterly team onsite for 3-4 days of co-working in Toronto. Candidates must be able to travel for these onsites and have valid ID/passport. Candidates must have valid work authorization in their home jurisdiction.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customers through user research and analysis, usability testing and studies, and close collaboration with internal stakeholders. Then teach the broader team about what you learn.
- Create user flows, low to high fidelity mockups, and prototypes to consider divergent approaches, rapidly test them, and provide production-quality user interface designs for engineers.
- Champion modern, consumer grade experiences for our product. Set the standards for modern, consumer grade experiences in our product, including our interaction design, information architecture, and design system.
- Be an active partner in crafting the product roadmap.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of software product design experience; startup experience required.
- Experience building a web-based B2B SaaS product is preferred.
- Experience driving rapid learning and iteration on an agile team.
- Experience leading diverse user research methods to understand customer needs.
- Strong interaction design and visual design skills.
- The desire to coach and mentor others on the team.
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration
- Clear motivations for wanting to work at a Series A startup at Valence’s content area, stage and size.
- Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
- Ownership of projects and strategic priorities regardless of seniority in our learning-focused environment.
- Frequent, tailored coaching and feedback sessions with managers deeply invested in your professional growth and development (1:1s, quarterly reviews, development feedback and more).
- Strong ties to the executive team, a culture of transparency and engagement with strategic decisions.
- Options from day one, which means you will be on the ownership track right away.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision) from day 1.
- Virtual doctor and mental health services from day 1.
- Provision of anything you need to be successful - learning tools, hardware, office equipment, software.
- Generous PTO, company-wide R&R shutdowns and paid leave for parents.
- A WFH stipend, phone stipend and merch merch merch.