INSIDE PROPERTY ADJUSTER II
Time: 2 weeks ago
Inside Property Adjuster II
Engle Martin-Remote AR
St. Louis, MO
Synergy-New Orleans LA Office
Engle Martin-Remote CA
job requisition id
(a subsidiary of Cor Partners, Inc.)
TITLE: Inside Property Adjuster II
DEPARTMENT: Small Loss Commercial (SLC)
REPORTS TO: Claim Manager
STATUS: Regular, full-time; exempt
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
The Insider Property Adjuster II provides claims adjusting services critical to SLC clients. The incumbent brings a sound knowledge of insurance coverage related to various business lines. Working closely with a broad scope of stakeholders, the incumbent must be able to handle moderately complex commercial property claims with minimal instruction or supervision. This individual also helps assure that obligations to policyholders are met and that the insurer’s reputation and efficacy are safeguarded.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines coverage and identifies coverage issues related to various claims, applying a working knowledge of applicable insurance policies and relevant coverage and loss types. Issue appropriate Reservation of Rights and/or declination letters with supervision.
- Establishes contact and maintains effective professional relationships with insured parties, agents, brokers, public adjusters, attorneys, and others involved in the claims process.
- Review claims and claim status with clients and brokers as necessary to facilitate the prompt, accurate resolution of claims filed.
- Obtains and prepares the necessary documentation associated with the prompt, accurate, and thorough verification of losses and administration of claims.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, and submits reports and documents in a timely manner and in accordance with insurer’s standards and expectations.
- Ensures the accuracy of information collected to identify fraud and proper reporting.
- Reviews documentation an work products of field adjusters and make recommendations to clients based on the information provided.
- Conducts prompt, thorough investigations of claims as required and evaluate damages.
- Assesses subrogation potential of losses and recommend files to subrogation examiners as appropriate.
- Provides support to the EM teams in response to catastrophic events.
- Stays abreast of industry information, development, and trends.
- Participates in special assignments and activities as required or approved; demonstrate initiative in the interest of the client and the organization.
- Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to SLC, EM and its endeavors.
- Adheres to all applicable state insurance regulations and requirements and other applicable laws, regulations, and standards; assume personal responsibility for maintaining a current state adjusting license. This includes obtaining licenses in all states requiring licensing
- Handles commercial & residential losses up to $75,000.00
- Initial authority level set at zero pending file reviews by Claim Manager to assess the Inside Property Adjuster II’s ability regarding coverage analysis, damage assessment and proper reserving.
- The ability to handle minor to moderate damages with a medium level of complexity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-7 years of experience in commercial property claims adjusting preferred including Lloyd’s of London experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Active Adjuster’s license or ability to obtain such within expected time frame.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Detail-oriented, analytical and the ability to research, investigate and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, collaboration and listening skills to interpret client needs and drive results.
- Sound knowledge base and experience with commercial property claims and identified niche market claims.
- Negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities
- Trustworthiness, integrity, and personal accountability and adherence to standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct
- Keen service orientation and ability to grasp and respond to varying client needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Basic mathematical and statistical skills
- Ability to interpret policies and other written technical information
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to discretely handle sensitive information
- Skills in using word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
General working conditions are typically those associated with an indoor office environment; though evening, overnight, and weekend travel may be occasionally required; on-site work may be required during catastrophic events, subjecting incumbent to indoor and/or outside weather and environmental conditions.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the working conditions and associated physical activities and requirements above, the incumbent is required to stand, walk, reach, finger, grasp, and feel.
The work requires close visual acuity, with or without correction, to prepare reports containing words, symbols, and numerical figures; the incumbent is required to view a computer terminal, use a keyboard, read printed documents, make detailed visual inspections, perceive color, perceive depth, and have a sufficient field of vision to carry out all inspection and related duties.
The incumbent must be able to speak clearly. The incumbent must be able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and to receive and impart detailed information through oral communication, making fine discriminations in sound.