Emc Insurance Companies
Time: 2 weeks ago
Ohio- Work From Home
job requisition id
At EMC, you'll put your skills to good use as an important member of our team. You can count on gaining valuable experience while contributing to the company's success. EMC strives to hire and retain the best people by engaging, developing and rewarding employees.
- Maintains and grows a profitable book of business for assigned territory
- Evaluates accounts for risk selection and pricing purposes
- Analyzes information to underwrite policies
- Develops and fosters agency relationships
- Collaborates with marketing representatives to ensure agents receive great customer experiences
- Collaborates with experienced underwriters to gain understanding in underwriting best practices
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in insurance or business administration, or equivalent relevant experience
- One year of experience in commercial lines underwriting
- Insurance designations, such as CPCU preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of underwriting and risk analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with others, as well as independently
- Ability to maintain high standards of professional competence
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel; a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle report per company standards required if traveling
Our employment practices are in accord with the laws which prohibit discrimination due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, active military status, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All of our locations are tobacco free including in company vehicles.
To learn more about why you’re gonna love it here, watch the video below.