Time: 2 weeks ago
Common Room brings companies closer to their communities.
Today’s most successful organizations are powered by thriving communities of end users, but many struggle with visibility into this new growth engine. Common Room gives teams the ability to understand and take action on the engagement happening across digital channels to deliver better customer experiences, measure community impact, and drive business growth.
We’ve raised over $50 million from top-tier investors including Greylock, Index, and Madrona to build the community platform for modern SaaS companies. And we’re backed by 25+ operators from community-first organizations such as Figma, Stripe, Airtable, Slack, Notion, Loom, and more.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic content editor to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing on content strategies at high-growth organizations, including managing the creation of a variety of content types across multiple internal and external stakeholders. This role will work closely with the heads of corporate marketing and demand generation to ensure cross-company content needs are appropriately prioritized and fulfilled.
- Partner with leaders on the marketing team to develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy that supports our overall marketing and business goals.
- Manage an editorial calendar for cross-team visibility into the production and distribution of all content, including blog posts, customer stories, ebooks, social media posts, reports, and more.
- Oversee and co-create content with internal team members, providing guidance and feedback to ensure that all content is high-quality, engaging, and aligned to our messaging and strategy.
- Partner with and co-manage external content agency resources to deliver impactful assets across a variety of content types
- Support marketing team via editorial oversight for other content types, including email copy, landing pages, social post, etc. for consistency.
- Ensure all content follows our brand voice and tone guidelines.
- Cultivate relationships with industry influencers, guest bloggers, and other content contributors. Serve as the primary point of contact for content creation with these individuals from ideation to publication and distribution.
- Monitor and report on content performance metrics, and adjust the content strategy as needed to improve results.
- 4+ years of experience in content editing or content marketing in a high-growth B2B SaaS environment
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proven project management experience and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including with external agency resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with content management systems, marketing automation platforms, and analytics tools.
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Make it Happen - We are quick to take the first step, and prioritize decisiveness over fear of making a mistake. We don’t confuse motion for movement and we measure ourselves on impact over actions.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Long Term Care insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.