Supply Chain Specialist
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated
Time: 2 weeks ago
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Supply Chain Specialist to support our Bedding business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Supply Chain Specialist for Leggett & Platt, Incorporated Adjustable Bed Group, you will be responsible for the procurement of raw material and services on a global scale and inventory requirements at our three manufacturing facilities in North America.
So, what will you be doing as a Supply Chain Specialist?
· Purchase order management, both domestic and international suppliers
· Maintain accurate inventory levels across the business unit
· Ability to understand customer demand and react timely to fluctuations
· Consolidate data from multi-site organization to accurately order and forecast to the supply base
· Expedite outstanding purchase orders to meet production demands or initiate cancellation of orders to maintain acceptable inventory levels
· Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data
· Track KPI’s and report on supply chain’s performance
· Examine current processes to identify shortcomings and implement or recommend improvements to drive out waste
· Maintain effective relationship with internal and external contacts
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management
· Analytical mind with business acumen
· Proficient in Access, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Ability to analyze large and multi-dimensional data sets using SQL, Excel, and other analysis tools.
· Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts
· Ability to multi-task and willingness to work within a team environment
Things we consider a plus:
· Experience in MRP environment strongly preferred
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at