Location: Germantown Maryland
Time: 2 weeks ago
Posted 8 Days Ago
job requisition id
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit . Follow on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor. This position will be located in our Germantown, MD office.
- Provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects
- Develop and perform analytic based audit projects utilizing data mining software on both ad-hoc and recurring basis
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities including updating documentation and executing testing
- Conduct business process audits and reviews
- Perform special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Perform audits and reviews of satellite offices, international subsidiaries and third party vendors
- Plan and execute internal audit projects and other consulting projects as needed
- Document and communicate results of audits including any findings and provide recommendations for remediation and improvement
- Bachelor 's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
- Ability to travel both internationally and domestically is required to carry out the Internal Audit Plan activities. Travel is currently estimated to be about 10% or less
- CPA, CIA or other relevant professional designation
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley process
- Knowledge of COSO Framework
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented
- ACL or other data analytics tool experience
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.