PRODUCT MANAGER, LENDING
Location: San Francisco California
Time: 2 weeks ago
Varo Bank - Product Manager, Lending
Product Manager, Lending
San Francisco, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
We are seeking an innovative, customer-centric, data-driven Product Manager to work on our Varo Lending Product team. You will be responsible for delivering key initiatives for both our Varo Advance and Varo Believe products that drive customer and business impact. You will be responsible end to end for these initiatives, from performing customer and market research to designing the product to developing and implementing the products. You will measure our products' success and identify opportunities to iterate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute on the product roadmap for Varo lending products
- Responsible for defining what the success of the product means based on KPIs and performance
- Own the performance of key features: optimizing for meeting customer needs in terms of speed, convenience, and access while controlling for operational costs, losses, and cost of implementation
- Use data and customer insights to deliver optimizations and improvements, and drive increased engagement
- Collaborate effectively with other groups to create solutions, including data science, design, user experience research, risk, operations, and marketing
- Work closely with an agile team that involves the design team, PMM, and developers to execute and implement product features successfully
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, including 1-3 as a Product Manager
- Proven track record of launching features that drive customer value and deliver business impact
- Experience with product optimization, A/B testing, and customer and data-driven decision making
- Experience managing front-end experience and core functionality of products
Employment visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Engineering Blog -
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: https://www.varomoney.com/privacy-legal/