Location: Remote - united states
Time: 3 weeks ago
Remote - United States
job requisition id
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
The Financial Analyst will work with the executive stakeholders on projects that span across Finance, Product, Operations, and other functional business organizations. This person will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of a division, to devise models that illuminate areas for growth, and to recommend solutions that enable the company to achieve its product development goals and financial targets. The ideal candidate takes pride in producing accurate work on time and taking initiative to solve difficult business problems, with the ability to communicate with a diverse set of key partners.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst:
- Support FP&A, GM’s and other business leads in their evaluation and management of financial performance of the business
- Navigate several different financial systems/systems of record including Salesforce, NetSuite/Intacct, Tableau and more in an effort to answer finance related questions
- Assist with the creation of the annual company budget and forecast
- Assist in the creation of the annual 5 year long term forecast for the business
- On a monthly basis, work with department heads to evaluate their financial performance against their respective budgets
- Be responsible for the relationship between FP&A and several different departments across the organization
- Evaluate challenges across the business from a financial perspective and work cross functionally to create processes and models that help alleviate manual work being done
- Define and propose system improvements based on known business challenges, trends in performance, and targeted outcomes. Work with collaborators to monitor and evaluate the efficacy of solutions and iterate until desired outcomes are achieved
Basic Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience in a corporate Finance, FP&A or Accounting department
- Project Management and Budgeting experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience analyzing complex business problems through the analysis of data and the creation of spreadsheets
- Shown ability to present analyses and potential solutions to management
- Experience with using Netsuite and Salesforce functionality, extract and manipulate data to support reporting and planning processes
Preferred Qualifications of the Financial Analyst:
- Education, Technology or Publishing industry experience
- Modeling experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $85,000 - $100,000. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.