FINANCE ANALYST - BILLING & CASH OPERATIONS
Location: Canton MA
Time: 3 weeks ago
Finance Analyst - Billing & Cash Operations
Posted 6 Days Ago
job requisition id
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
Job SummaryThe Finance Analyst reporting to the Director of Billing, is responsible for supporting the work of Finance Operations by ensuring effective and efficient work processes throughout Billing, Cash, Accounts Receivable and Corporate Accounting Team. The Analyst is responsible for the overall oversight and coordination of project and operational work to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished. The Analyst represents Finance in key corporate initiatives impacting operations, including but not limited to operational improvements, information management enhancements, new product development and implementation, new vendor partnership implementations, corporate data integrity initiatives and enterprise- wide technological advancements. The analyst will participate in cross-functional project teams on initiatives impacting Accounting Operations as well as monthly close duties.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- AR Month End Close Analysis including billing metrics, premium flux analysis and ad hoc reporting.
- Identifies and assesses opportunities for enhancing efficiencies and business process re-design to leverage technical resources for automation. Makes recommendations for enhancements, documents business requirements and works with the technical team to refine requirements and test the functionality before releasing to production.
- As assigned, will represent Accounting Operations in key corporate initiatives impacting operations within Finance, including but not limited to operational improvements, information management enhancements, new product development and implementation, new vendor partnership implementations, corporate data integrity initiatives and enterprise wide technological advancements. Project Work - Communicates with technical teams and business partners to clarify requirements. Creates and executes test cases spanning multiple systems and validates against expected results. Coordinates implementation of changes to existing workflows or applications
- Conducts and documents research related to accounting and financial reporting issues and outlines corrective actions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or similar field
- 3-5 years of related professional experience or combination of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of financial principles. Health care experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products. Mastery in use of Microsoft Excel or similar tool. Oracle Financials experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail, while grasping “big picture” is essential as well as having a practical approach to solving business issues.
- Analytical ability including strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written. Ability to synthesize, summarize, format data/presentation materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility and health equity part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility (DEIA) and Health Equity team's strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.