Location: San Jose California
Time: 3 weeks ago
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our Systems Engineering team you will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering, and will help define, validate, implement, and verify requirements for our first certified aircraft. You will act as a multi-disciplinary integrator and liaison with different systems and will support interface definition and troubleshooting.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and update the aircraft-level product requirements
- Lead multidisciplinary efforts to guarantee proper integration of different systems
- Ensure the integration decisions are captured as complete and correct set of requirements and design data
- Coordinate with other System Engineers to ensure the fully integrated aircraft meets its requirements and is optimized
- Collaborate with the Chief Engineer and safety engineering team to define and identify functional and physical interfaces
- Participate in (or lead) architecture definition, trade studies, and mutli-disciplinary integration problem solving
- Support validation efforts of external supplier equipment and internally developed systems
- Support Verification processes at the aircraft, system and subsystem levels, ensuring the plans are followed and process independence is maintained
- Assist in test planning and execution in support of system and subsystem verification.
- Contribute to improving internal processes and tools
What you need:
- BS Degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ yrs of experience in developing and certifying one or more aerospace systems
- Experience developing highly integrated aerospace systems
- Experience developing requirements and supporting configuration and architecture definitions on one or more aircraft
- Full understanding systems engineering practices and the underlying reasons and purpose for each process and activity
- Experience on one or more civil aviation programs with a Systems Engineering process used for certification credit
- Extensive experience using one or more requirements management tools
- Collaborative mindset
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Familiarity with the regulations and standards applicable to transport and general aviation aircraft
- Experience defining custom features or proposing improvements to requirements management tools
- Experience using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models and tools
- Knowledgeable on SAE ARP4761
- Experience working on type certification of an aircraft from start to finish under 14 CFR Part 23/27 or equivalent regulations
- Prior experience on certification projects with significant software and complex hardware elements
- Background in RTCA DO-178 and DO-254
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $112,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.