PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Leasing (PLC)
PacLease provides customers with value-added transportation services and premium-quality Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF vehicles. It is one of the fastest growing and most innovative global leasing networks in the industry.
This position performs a variety of accounting functions and is an integral part of the accounting for our Company Direct Locations. This position will be involved with general accounting functions including month-end closing, financial reporting, sales and property tax reporting, journal entries, account reconciliations, and cash applications. The Senior Accountant will also participate in internal controls and SOX reviews. This position will be interacting with all levels of management so strong communications skills will be necessary. Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and meeting non-negotiable deadlines are the keys to be successful in this position. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Support PACCAR Leasing US and Canada Company Direct general accounting functions including accounts payable, cash applications, month-end closing, and monthly financial reporting and analysis.
• Perform journal entries and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations. Work with operations to clear reconciling items.
• Review and analyze operations P&L and balance sheet accounts.
• Assist with monthly forecast including the calculation of deferred revenue.
• Support business operations in financial analysis and daily transactions, including ad hoc reports.
• Prepare various PLC financial reporting packages and external audit requests.
• Oversee filing and reconciliation of FHUT, vehicle licensing, and annual vehicle and facility personal property taxes.
• Compile US and Canada tax returns and related reports.
• Support process improvement initiatives to identify and implement efficiencies.
• Participate in Six Sigma projects, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley reviews.
• Manage and perform special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
• Qualified candidates will have 4+ years progressive experience in accounting to include an understanding of U.S. GAAP.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to effectively communicate written and orally with all levels of management.
• Ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks and changing priorities while meeting non-negotiable deadliness.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
CPA Professional Certification preferred
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Six Sigma, Accounting, CPA, Business Process, Finance, Management